Thursday, November 10, 2011

Phu Quoc: Suoi Tranh Waterfalls

In the middle of the island of Phu Quoc there is a tourist attraction you should not miss, the Suoi Tranh Waterfalls.

Although Phu Quoc is rather small, there are many rivers on the island. I guess it is because it does rain a lot after all -- although, I did not see a rainy day during my two week stay on the island.

The Suoi Tranh waterfall is currently being promoted. You will see a not very fortunate construction on the right side of one of the roads that link the east with the west side of the island. This is the Suoi Tranh Waterfall. You have to pay a fee to visit the waterfalls, but it is well worth the money. I did not have time to get to the top of the water falls because my friend was tired, but what I saw was really nice, a brook that in some parts became a small water fall. I specially liked the sounds I heard, the sound of the water and birds singing. The tour may take you more than one hour. I still wonder what sits at the end of the path. If you get there, send me an email please.

No comments:

Post a Comment