Thursday, November 10, 2011

Phu Quoc: Northeast coast

The northwest part of the island has less interest for foreigners, but I wanted to see it. For this reason one day I rented a motorbike and followed the roads I found on my map. It should have been possible to go all the way to the North and get back on the roads on the other side of the island, but I could not complete the tour. The conditions of the roads were getting worse, and I hardly found any people there. For this reason at one point I decided to go back. Although I could not complete the tour, it was a nice ride. On the Northeast Coast I could not find any tourist facilities. All I found were some fishermen houses (like the ones in the picture) and some workers repairing the roads. This part of the island was pretty windy the day I visited. I wonder if some day someone will open a windsurf school here.

No comments:

Post a Comment