Thursday, November 10, 2011

Phu Quoc: Bai Sao

On the east side of Phu Quoc lie some of the most beautiful beaches on the island. Nowhere else I have seen sand as white as here!

Getting to the coves on this side of the island is somewhat tricky. You will need a map, and, most probably, some local help to get here. If you take a taxi, it won't be so difficult to find the place. The roads leading to these beaches were not in very good conditions, when I visited. And I am almost sure they will be more or less the same when you visit.

While I was on this beach I had a strange sensation. It looked almost perfect, but the fact that there were not many visitors made me question that maybe there was something wrong with this place. There was a bar, with very reasonable prices, there was shade, there was a shining sun, the waters were shallow and crystal clear. Where were the tourists? I only saw a few of them. Ten? Fifteen? Was I a privileged? Yes, I think this was the right answer to the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment